httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Farokh Irani <>
Subject Re: APXS troubles
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:04:47 GMT
>On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 10:41 -0400, Farokh Irani wrote:
>>  Did you get the file OK and have you had a chance to look at it?\
>Yes and yes - even so it was binhexed ...

Whoops. Sorry about that.

>I allready replied yesterday evening - no idea why you didn't get my
>Anyway - indeed there is a bug in APXS. Unless your input files have the
>extention '.c' APXS won't invoke libtool in compile mode (hence it's
>missing from your trace). Libtool in link mode will just create an empty
>library ...
>The easy fix is to rename the files from '*.cpp' to '*.c' (no, '*.cc'
>doesn't work either). If you find the time you might want to report the
>bug to the APXS maintainers, the important lines are these:
>---*----- apxs (line 351 ff.) --------------*-.--
>if ($opt_c) {
>     ##
>     ##
>     #   split files into sources and objects
>     my @srcs = ();
>     my @objs = ();
>     my $f;
>     foreach $f (@args) {
>         if ($f =~ m|\.c$|) {  <---------------- Here, bad coder! BAD!

OK, is there a quick fix I can do to make it work with cpp files? I tried:
but that didn't seem to work. I also tried:
if ($f =~ m|\.cpp$|)
and that didn't work either. I don't know perl at all, so those were
stabs in the dark. Any pointers on that would be appreciated.

MCF Software...simply dependably engineered
Developers of ListSTAR, MacRADIUS, Address List Sorter, SimpleText Filter for EIMS and Auto Reply plug-in for EIMS

View raw message