httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Farokh Irani <>
Subject Re: Possibly OT: g++ 4.0.1 on Mac OS X
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 22:57:45 GMT
>On 06/07/07, Farokh Irani <> wrote:
>>I'm trying to link together a couple of .o files into a .so file
>>using g++. The problem is that even though I have a -o specified, no
>>file is generated and no error comes up. Any pointers on how to
>>figure out what might be going on, or even where I could look for
>>more info, would be appreciated.
>>This is with g++ 4.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.10.
>If you are trying to create an Apache module .so, why aren't you using apxs?
>You can specify that g++ should be used instead of gcc by saying:
>  apxs -S CC=g++ -c mod_example.c
>This is much better and more portable than trying to create the .so
>yourself. This is more so the case on MacOS X as how you build a
>dynamically loadable module is different to options you would use for
>other platforms. Also, on MacOS X a dynamically loadable module has to
>be created in a different way to a shared library, they are not

OK, I'm willing to give that a shot, but how do I use apxs to
compile/link a multi-file source module? IE Right now I've got a
small module that has 3 files, but I expect the source tree to grow
to many more (possibly a hundred or more source files).

MCF Software...simply dependably engineered
Developers of ListSTAR, MacRADIUS, Address List Sorter, SimpleText Filter for EIMS and Auto Reply plug-in for EIMS

View raw message