httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possibly OT: g++ 4.0.1 on Mac OS X
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:40:35 GMT
On 06/07/07, Farokh Irani <farokh@mcfsoftware.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to link together a couple of .o files into a .so file
> using g++. The problem is that even though I have a -o specified, no
> file is generated and no error comes up. Any pointers on how to
> figure out what might be going on, or even where I could look for
> more info, would be appreciated.
>
> This is with g++ 4.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.10.

If you are trying to create an Apache module .so, why aren't you using apxs?

You can specify that g++ should be used instead of gcc by saying:

  apxs -S CC=g++ -c mod_example.c

This is much better and more portable than trying to create the .so
yourself. This is more so the case on MacOS X as how you build a
dynamically loadable module is different to options you would use for
other platforms. Also, on MacOS X a dynamically loadable module has to
be created in a different way to a shared library, they are not
interchangeable.

Graham