httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APXS troubles
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:14:11 GMT
Mike wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Farokh Irani <farokh@mcfsoftware.com> wrote:
>> >So you mean a change from *.cpp to *.c is the only real working
>> >solution? That's strange but anyway it works now...
>> That is how it appears to be. Unfortunately, it's not a good solution
>> because I really don't want to have to rename a bunch of .cpp files
>> to .c only to change them back. I'd prefer to fix apxs correctly :)
> Sure. I'll take a look at apxs and send a mail to apache-dev about
> this issue. Actually I know Perl quite good so it's not a big problem
> for me.

Just a thought - it's probably easier to summarize what file names are
objects (.[[s]l]o .[l]a .s(l|o) .dylib .dll) than it is to summarize
what every flavor of .c/.cxx/.cpp/.cc etc etc are compileable, and that
doesn't even begin to cover non-cc compilations.

Since we have two lists, to be linked or to be compiled, I'd suggest a
hint to try capturing the patterns for what belongs in the link-list.