httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <>
Subject Re: RewriteRule with a dot in URL
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:40:32 GMT
Uh, the main website would show some definitive examples that you could
use. Since apparently google didn't accept your "apache rewriterule"
query, I have a result :

(and yes, the periods in the rules act as an "any character" - it's a
regular expression - so you do have to precede it with a backslash - and
there are examples of that in the webserver documentation).

A more appropriate list for questions is the httpd-users list rather
than the module developers list.

Thierry Kennes wrote:
> Hi there,
> I completely new in Apache config and all that stuff.
> I've got a wiki (for example :
> and when I want to create a page
> so that it looks like this :, it
> doesn't work because of the dot.
> I was told to look on .htaccess about "RewriteRule" and I thought of adding
> somethg like that :
> RewriteRule (.*)\.(.*)$ substitution
> Is my pattern right ? and also what can I put instead of "substitution" ?
> Thanks a lot for your further reply.
> ps: and sorry for my bad english :)

Joseph Lewis <>