httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: mod_authn_dbd - internal server error after certain idle time
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:14:41 GMT
Danie Qian wrote:
> Thank you for the kind words. I am a little overwhelmed by the
> complexity of mod_dbd.c, especially its use of dbd_group_t. I couldnt
> find any notes for it so I wish someone here could shed some light on it
> for me and anyone interested.

There do not seem to any group-related diretives for mod_authn_dbd, but
it is pretty easy to put any group checks directly into the SQL.

Here is an example, translated into MySQL SQL (I think. I didn't really
test this with MySQL so I might have missed something...):

DBDriver mysql
DBDParams "...credentials..."
DBDExptime  28800
DBDKeep     0
DBDMax      30
DBDMin      0

<Directory ...AP_Dir... >
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Accounts Payable"
     AuthBasicProvider dbd
     AuthDBDUserPWQuery \
        "SELECT CONCAT('{SHA}', A.pwhash) AS Password \
         FROM apacheusers A, apachegroups B \
         WHERE A.username = %s \
         AND CURRENT_DATE < A.Expires \
         AND B.username = A.username \
         AND B.apachegroup = 'AP';"
     Require valid-user
</Directory>

<Directory ...AR_Dir... >
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Accounts Receivable"
     AuthBasicProvider dbd
     AuthDBDUserPWQuery \
        "SELECT CONCAT('{SHA}', A.pwhash) AS Password \
         FROM apacheusers A, apachegroups B \
         WHERE A.username = %s \
         AND CURRENT_DATE < A.Expires \
         AND B.username = A.username \