httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: mod_authn_dbd - internal server error after certain idle time
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 09:44:27 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 18:37:07 -0700
> Matthew Kent <matt@bravenet.com> wrote:
>
  >> think its the mysql_ping reconnection clobbering the prepared
>> statement
>> used in mod_authn_dbd.
>
> Buggrit.  I can't see a satisfactory workaround for that.
> I guess the kludge suggested by Tom Donovan in this thread
> could be the best practical solution.

Alas, after some testing - it seems even that kludge won't be 100%
satisfactory.  The expired connections are removed (by the APR-util
reslist_maint() function) only when connections are checked back into
the pool.

Following a long period of inactivity, an expired connection must be
used (unsuccessfully) to get recognized as expired only when it is released.

I'll enter a new APR bug for this within a few days.  The check for
expired reslist resources should happen as a resource is acquired - not
just when they are released.

I also think that removing expired resources should not be prevented by
the pool Min and Keep limits.  Instead, new resources should be created
if necessary to satisfy these limits.

-tom-