httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Constable <ma...@renta.net>
Subject Re: mod_authn_dbd - internal server error after certain idle time
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:08:58 GMT
On Saturday 07 July 2007 07:49:13 Danie Qian wrote:
> Apparently it hasnt been fixed as I AM using the mod_dbd.c file from trunk
> and still having this problem. but it did fix some problems in dbd_acquire()
> I had before I replaced the mod_dbd.c that comes with apache-2.2.4. I am
> surprised that it seems no one is using these new modules that are supposed
> to be better than mod_auth_mysql.c.

One contributing factor is that there is a libapache2-mod-auth-mysql
for Debian but no equivalent apr_dbd_mysql_driver in apr-util. This
sad situation will probably remain until the major distro's pick it
up. I'd say it's at least another year before RH/centos/cpanel based
hosting providers even start to use it. IMVHO.

--markc