httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank Jones" <jones...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URL encoding/decoding
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:18:24 GMT
On 6/1/07, Tim Bray <Tim.Bray@sun.com> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2007, at 7:53 AM, Frank Jones wrote:
>
> > Is there a function in the APR or elsewhere that performs URL
> > encoding/decoding (aka percent-encoding)? I've searched all over for
> > one but haven't found anything. mod_security has these functions but
> > it doesn't export them for some reason.
>
> It takes about 20 lines of code to implement.  -Tim

Yeah, I know. I almost put a disclaimer on my original question that I
knew this was an easy function to write. strlen is also a very easy
function to write, but I prefer not to reinvent wheels, even very
small ones :)

It just seems a little strange to me that this kind of functionality,
which I suppose most module developers need, and which you correctly
point out is so easily implemented, is not provided by the APR.