httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Bie
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:54:08 GMT
Abhishek,

Resources:
- httpd.apache.org
- http://www.apachetutor.org/
(Nick Kew's apache module site... a helpful suppliment to his book)
- http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/programs/apxs.html           (APXS is
used for compiling and installing Apache modules [which are written in C])
- http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_example.html     (A barebones
example module)
- http://www.google.com/codesearch                                    (you
will need to look through header files and other modules' source)

Most of the httpd.apache.org site was written with Apache 1.3 in mind.  It's
relatively outdated since 2.0.x and 2.2.x are standard now.  I would
consider buying Nick's book all Apache module tutorials you find.

Understanding how Apache runs and when different parts of your module run is
key to debugging and receiving desired functionality so you will definitely
want to look over the Apache Modeling Project, an attempt at describing the
runtime workings of Apache visually.

Hoe this helps.

Regards,
David Wortham