httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Surviving restarts
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:35:08 GMT
Cesar,
   I have used gdb with Apache frequently, but I don't remember ever being
able to restart Apache within gdb so trust the other guys for that advice.

Here is the official Apache debugging page:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html
It should walk you through the basics of using gdb as a wrapper for httpd,
instructing httpd to coredump, and some other tricks.

For what it's worth, I don't remember being able to get a successful,
readable backtrace from a coredump, but maybe I'm just using the wrong apps
or app versions?

Regards,
Dave