httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending information to the user in input modules.
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:35:33 GMT
Andrew,
   It would be helpful if you could describe what kind of message you want
the user to receive.  Will it be HTML or an HTTP header injected into the
HTTP response?

For basics on Apache (in|out)put filters, these tutorials are good first
reading:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/38
There should be a minimal example filter for you to analyze.
This reading might help you evaluate if an input filter is the best way to
approach your module.  Have you considered just adding another output filter
to mod_clamav that runs after mod_clamav does the bulk of its processing?

Also, if you don't know quite how and when Apache actually handles module
and filter processing in relation to its many other tasks, the Apache
modeling project is always a nice reference:
http://www.apache.nl/doc/hp/3_3Extending_Apache.html

It's been a while since I've done Apache filters, but I remember that almost
all (in|out)put content processing is done with apr_bucket_brigades.  You
should have ap_f* functions at your disposal to help with adding output to
bucket brigades.

Dave