httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Module to allow authentication with sasl
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:16:50 GMT
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:06:14 +0200
Giuliano Gavazzi <dev-apache.org@humph.com> wrote:

> I read the announcement of mod_sasl_auth. I admit I haven't yet
> examined the question further, but wasn't SASL a no go for
> authentication because of apache threads?
> I have been running a mod_authnz_sasl I wrote, for almost eight
> months but never dared to make it public for the above concern...
>
> You can find the code at the svn repo:
>
> http://it.humph.com/versions/public/mod_authnz_sasl/trunk/
>
> There are some clear differences in approach between the two. Good
> that we have chosen different names!

Thanks for sharing.  Have you entered it in the register at
modules.apache.org?

One point you might like to consider.  Since you announced it here,
I guess you intend it to be available as open-source.  But nothing
in your code grants people any rights to it, so it's not really
open under the laws of any country that respects international
copyright law.  You might want to add a license: for example,
the Apache license, as included in the apache distribution.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/