httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mike <dykci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compilation problem on Mac OS
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:00:22 GMT
On 6/28/07, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > When I'm trying to compile my example module on Mac OS I get following
> > > error:
> > >
> > > ld: Undefined
> > > symbols:
> > >
> > > _ap_filter_flush
> > > _ap_hook_handler
> > > _ap_pass_brigade
> > > _ap_register_output_filter
> > > _ap_rputs
> > > _ap_set_content_type
> > >
> > > Those functions as you know are core Apache members and they reside in
> > httpd
> > > binary.
> > > What's wrong? What should I do to compile the module. (Module compiles
> > > without any error on Linux machine).
> > How are you compiling the module, using 'apxs' or hand crafted
> > makefile rules that invoke the compiler directly?
>

> I need to use self-made Makefile since I'm writing module in C++.

Have you ever tried seeing how far you can get with apxs using the -S
option to set CC to be g++. Ie.,

  apxs -S CC=g++ -c mod_example.c

This presumes it is gcc that apxs was configured for.

You may find you have to override over values in apxs configuration as
well though if it passes through gcc options that g++ doesn't
understand.
I don't think it's matter of use the apxs.