httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Zetts <ze...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Flattening and Bucket Creation
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 18:33:18 GMT
   I plan to use apr_brigade_pflatten(), but it's my understanding that
after processing the entity body, I will have to call
apr_bucket_pool_create() to re-bucketize the data then re-insert the
brigade.  Some of the entity bodies processed by the filter may be large
and I want understand how the data is re-chunked for the bucket brigade.

  By the way, I purchased your book.  I read chapters 2, 3 and 8 before
going to bed and wrote my output filter the next day.  I've had no
problems with the filter, but there are test cases it will fail unless I
process the body as flattened data.   Your book reads well.

Mark Zetts

Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
05/14/2007 01:49 PM
Please respond to
modules-dev@httpd.apache.org

modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Flattening and Bucket Creation

On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:37:31 -0400
Mark Zetts <zetts@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>   I need to flatten received buckets for text processing.  When I
> then create a new bucket pool, does apr_bucket_pool_create()
> automatically create the necessary numbers of buckets by chunking the
> data into the maximum bucket size, or is this my responsibility?

Tell us why apr_brigade_[p]flatten don't meet your needs,
and maybe we can suggest a solution.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/