httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <Tim.B...@Sun.COM>
Subject Testing & debugging?
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 05:03:24 GMT
I'd be so much happier if I had unit tests, but it's tricky since
everything's static.  My best idea is to have an #ifdef TESTING
section in my code that has a main() in it that runs the tests (of
course this means actually *understanding* the lovely makefile
goodness I copied from Josh Rotenberg so I can produce a standalone
runnable).  Anyone have a better idea?

Until I figure out the above, I'm going to be debugging more than one
would really want.  Back when I was writing modules for Apache 1.* I
got things wired up so I could debug in Emacs... that still about the
state of the art?  -Tim