httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject understanding configuration data blocks
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 01:42:15 GMT
I simply don't understand how module configuration is suppose to work.
 I am handling the server and dir config create and merge.  For some
reason, unknown to me, the server creation function gets called twice
in my development environment where I am passing httpd.exe the -X.  Of
course this means that the function to handle the command gets called
twice, too.  It might be nice to understand why it gets called twice,
but that isn't the problem.  The dir configuration creation gets
called twice, too but also seems to work fine.

Inside my access hook when I make this call:

ap_get_module_config(r->server->module_config, &my_module)

I get an empty configuration block, but when I change the first
parameter to "r->per_dir_config", I get the server configuration
block.  What?  Why doesn't r->server->module_config return me the
server configuration block and r->per_dir_config either return nothing
or the applicable dir configuration block.

Am I doing something wrong?  If not, is this documented somewhere?

Sam