httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_fastcgi upon W2K and REMOTE_ADDR variable
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 12:16:56 GMT
On 31/05/07, Jose Adriano Baltieri <jabaltie@unimep.br> wrote:

>  Hello !
>
>  I'm running mod_fastcgi with Apache 2.2.4 on W2K. I start is as a console
> mode application, that is, I simply open a command line and run httpd.exe.
>
>  It happens that the variable REMOTE_ADDR always comes with 0.0.0.0 .
>
>  Even if I start is a service, it comes with 0.0.0.0 too.
>
>  Any hint ?
>
>  If there's someone on the list who is using Apache with PHP on Windows,
> would you be so kind to tell me if the problem also happens with PHP ? Cause
> then I would know if it would be something regarded to Apache itself or to
> mod_fastcgi....

What happens if you run a bog standard CGI script written in Python or
Perl? What does REMOTE_ADDR show in the environment variables in that
script?

Since this is as simple as you can get and only involves Apache
supplied functionality, probably going to give you a better idea in
regard to identifying whether it is an Apache issue or mod_fastcgi.

Graham