httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InterModule Communication(DSO)
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 11:46:34 GMT
Simplest means of setting information for a specific request which can
then be seen by a handler implemented in a different module is by
setting values in the 'notes' table of the request object.

For something more elaborate, you may need to look at using optional
functions that are exported by a module and can be looked up at run
time by another module and called.

For an example, look at the source for modules/ssl/ssl_engine_vars.c
in httpd source and the optional functions it exports as:

    APR_REGISTER_OPTIONAL_FN(ssl_is_https);
    APR_REGISTER_OPTIONAL_FN(ssl_var_lookup);
    APR_REGISTER_OPTIONAL_FN(ssl_ext_lookup);

These can be used by another dynamic module to look up information
about requests received by HTTPS.

Graham