httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "josh rotenberg" <joshrotenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating shm segment in module creation function
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 20:47:21 GMT
I *think* as long as you create it in the parent process before the
children are forked, it should be ok, but post_config is probably a
better place, if for no other reason than it keeps your directive
handlers simpler, and lets you not have to expect one to come before
another. If your module is simple, this may not be an issue, but as
the complexity grows, it may.

Also be aware of the Double DSO Load issue.

I'd defer to the following references, though:

http://www.codemass.com/mod_shm_counter/
http://www.codemass.com/presentations/apachecon2005/ac2005advancedmodules.pdf