httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating shm segment in module creation function
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 20:11:06 GMT
César,
   I would think the most important part of timing when you create the shm
is that you time it so all of the child processes can attach to it.  That
means that at least the attachment calls have to be made after the parent
process has created the child processes.  You can probably do the majority
of the setup while you are still in the parent process (which I assume is
running during the module config creation phase).

   One other consideration you might have to take into account: if Apache
starts up as root then switches to a less-priveleged user, the other user
would still have to have access to the path and file of the shm (assuming
it's not an anonymous shm) then you would run into problems creating the shm
then trying to get the children to read/write it.

Dave