httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for info wrt requests and no newline
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 09:17:07 GMT
Anique,
   I'm a little confused by your question.

   AFAIK, HTTP headers end in a newline which seperates them from the next
line of the header. You don't _have_ to respond to the full URI in the
GET/POST/etc header line.  Your module can modify the incoming request or
your module can do something like what mod_rewrite does and match only part
of the request URI (by using a partial-line Regular Expression). Or did you
mean something completely different when you asked "Is there anyway of
accepting requests which end in anything other than a newline"?

I don't think it's pertinant to answering your question, but I also don't
understand what you mean when you say your module "accept[s] requests from a
3rd party".  Don't all Apache requests respond to the same third party that
initiated the request?

Dave