httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Generating XML
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 18:27:32 GMT
Tim Bray wrote:
> I want to generate some fairly large amounts of XML programmatically
> inside my module.  Poking around apr_xml.h and util_xml.h doesn't turn
> up a lot of support for this.   Am I looking in the wrong place?
> Obviously, with qpr_xml_quote_string and apr_rprintf I can do it by
> hand, but there are lots of ways to screw that up and it would be, you
> know, work.
>
> Plan B would be to roll in genx,
> <http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/02/20/GenxStatus> -Tim

yes, apr_xml is a very minimal subset.

You can count on expat 1.95-ish generation (possibly 2.00) to be built
with httpd.  You might also consider libxml2 which several people use
for their xml content.  I don't forsee apr_xml/util_xml to become the
'full fledged xml engine' that an xml generating module would desire.

I'll defer to Nick for further feedback, since many of the modules he's
built generate or reparse xml.

Bill