httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Davi Arnaut <d...@haxent.com.br>
Subject Re: TFM for init calling sequence?
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 22:07:12 GMT
Tim Bray wrote:
> Does someone have an explanation of why my post_config hook routine
> gets called twice and what the difference  between the two calls is?
> I remember at one time understanding this for 1.3, but that mental
> space has obviously been re-used for something else in the interim.
>   -Tim

The first pass verifies the configuration while still attached to the
console. The config poll is then cleared, the process is detached from
the terminal and the configuration process is repeated (pre, processss,
post, whatever, ..).

This also guarantees that your module will survive a restart.

--
Davi Arnaut