httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Kukuchka" <chr...@sequoiagroup.com>
Subject Re: Temporary files directory
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 05:02:01 GMT
>    I'm trying to find a place (directory) to use for writing a set of
> long-term temp files (cache files).

Why not just have a configuration directive which would allow the user to specify where these
cache file reside?  That way each setup could intelligently set the value to match their environment.
 You could then report an error during startup if the directory cannot be accessed.

> How does Apache write to the access and error logs?

Configuration directive--user tells Apache where they want the logs.

>  Can I use the same code
> to write to the same directory?*

The log directory is typically used for logs.

Regards,

Chris Kukuchka
Sequoia Group, Inc.

P.S.  While you are creating configuration directives for where to place the cache files,
you might also want to provide some means to reign in the disk usage for the cache--a max
size perhaps.