httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Steve <>
Subject Re: Looking for TFM on OS X module building
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 01:56:04 GMT

You are probably missing the -bundle and -bundle_loader switches to the
compiler (I know it took me a while to find this info :-)

The command I use is:

g++ -mcpu=7450 -bundle -bundle_loader /usr/local/Apache2/bin/httpd \
-I/usr/local/apache2/include -L/usr/local/apache2/lib/ \
-lapr-0 -laprutil-0 -gfull -o mod_foo.c

You will probably need to change the -m switch for the cpu you are compiling

BTW. Josh, I wouldn't mind getting a look at your skeleton package. Would
you mind sending it on over?

on 27/4/07 5:34 PM, Tim Bray at Tim.Bray@Sun.COM wrote:

> I'm sketching in a module for 2.2.4 and having trouble with compiling
> it on OS X.  Neither google nor a survey of this group's archive turn
> up any ideas.  Suppose I have mod_foo.c; I assume the goal is to
> produce a or mod_foo.dylib in $INSTALL/modules/
> Is this written up anywhere, or alternatively does anyone have any
> experience to share?
>   -Tim (who previously wrote two big Apache 1.* modules and is
> feeling a little lost in 2.2-land)

View raw message