httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject "one module per task"
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:12:43 GMT
> A good starting point is "one module per task".  How many tasks
> does your application comprise?  How many of those tasks can
> be accomplished using existing modules?

I like the concept on one module one task, but I want to try to keep
everything in one main binary, sort of like having one EXE in Windows
for a program.

I was reading through my old book "Writing Apache Modules in Perl and
C" and it looked like it was possible to put multiple handlers in one
perl file.  Is it possible to put multiple handlers in one C Module?
This seems like a logical approach to having one module doing
different things, simply have it contain a different handler for each
task.

When Apache sees

<Location /coolapp>
   SetHandler mod_my_cool_app
<Location>

How does it know that mod_my_cool_app is associated with
mod_my_cool_app.so?  Is it purely from the LoadModule or is there
something in the module that I am missing?

Sam