httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: translate_name and/or map_to_storage hooks
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 03:56:43 GMT
On 4/4/07, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton@gmail.com> wrote:
> I missed out on the start of this conversion so really don't know what
> you are trying to do

I have one module that does a few different things.

1: create a index html document of images
2: create a page html document of one image (when user clicks on an
image in the index)
3: Handle the image request that are in the HTML of #1 and #2 and send
out all the images.

Right now I have it all written in PHP, there is a index.php for #1
and #2 and an imageHandler.php for #3.  I am trying to understand the
best way to separate this logic within my one module.  Someone else
suggested I look at hooking translate_name.

I found my answer to how to determine the location, so I have been
playing with it since my post and when I set the r->filename =
"images"; and return OK, I get a 403 Forbidden.

> why aren't you just using mod_rewrite?

This is going to be packaged software and I would, ideally, like to
keep it all self contained so that end users that decide to start
hacking things, cannot get too far.