httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: translate_name and/or map_to_storage hooks
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 02:34:46 GMT
On 4/4/07, Sam Carleton <scarleton@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You're going to want to parse/compare the string.  The "Right Way(tm)"
> > > to do this would probably be during the translate_name or possibly
> > > map_to_storage hooks to separate the URI mapping logic from the actual
> > > response processing logic.
> >
> > You totally lost me with the "translate_name" and "map_to_storage", I
> > will have to do some reading on it.
>
> Issac,
>
> I am not exactly sure how I would leverage either the translate_name
> hook or map_to_storage hook.  The best I can figure is that I should
> hook translate_name and this is the translation:
>
> /coolapp?<params> --> /coolapp?type=index&<params>
>
> /coolapp/images?<params> --> /coolapp?type=image&<params>
>
> Do I have the right idea?

I have been trying to move forward with the assumption that I am on
the right track and continue to run unknowns.  How do I identify
coolapp as the location?  In other words, I have this in my
httpd.conf:

<Location /coolapp>
    SetHandler my_cool_app
</Location>

Inside of the translate_name hook, how do I go about determining that
/coolapp is the location?

Sam