httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject translate_name and/or map_to_storage hooks
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 00:31:30 GMT
On 3/27/07, Sam Carleton <scarleton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/07, Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:
>
> > > More importantly,  lets say my module is called mod_coolapp and when I
> > > have it installed, you get to it at /coolapp.  I want /coolapp to be
> > > the equivalent to the index.php and then have say, /coolapp/images be
> > > the same as imageHandler.php.  Is there any trick to knowing which
> > > "page" is being requested or is it simply a matter of doing a string
> > > compare to see if the first part of the string passed the actual URL
> > > (/coolapp/) is images?
> > >
> > You're going to want to parse/compare the string.  The "Right Way(tm)"
> > to do this would probably be during the translate_name or possibly
> > map_to_storage hooks to separate the URI mapping logic from the actual
> > response processing logic.
>
> You totally lost me with the "translate_name" and "map_to_storage", I
> will have to do some reading on it.

Issac,

I am not exactly sure how I would leverage either the translate_name
hook or map_to_storage hook.  The best I can figure is that I should
hook translate_name and this is the translation:

/coolapp?<params> --> /coolapp?type=index&<params>

/coolapp/images?<params> --> /coolapp?type=image&<params>

Do I have the right idea?

Sam