httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: concern about memory management
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:42:51 GMT
On 4/3/07, Burak Arslan <burakarslan@su.sabanciuniv.edu> wrote:
> afaik, apache does not offer a proper free() function, which might cause
> problems with image processing modules(if you're processing multiple images per
> connection). so i'd not attempt to hack that library only to get the same
> functionality as before. your call, though.

I have not dug deeply into the Apache pools, yet, but...  My
impression was that I could create use sub pools to get the same
effect as free().  My whole sole objective here is to speed up the
image processing, my thought is that by using the Apache pools, the
memory aspect of the process will be faster.