httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Daniel Rotenberg" <joshrotenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Logs Directory
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:48:36 GMT
In this situation I would use something like
ap_server_root_relative() and prepend the 'logs' part to whatever your
cache file name is. I'm not positive that this guarantees that you get
an existing directory, though.

Your safest bet is to retain your directive but make it optional. Set
a default location with the above when you create your config, and
then if the user sets a different directory in which to store the
files, you just reset it to that. If you test the directory before you
continue, you should be ok.

Josh