httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Certain access results should call a new handler
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:54:05 GMT
Graham,
   You are the man!

>Return DONE instead of OK if your access handler has formatted a
> complete response for the request.

Did the trick with minimal change to my code.  I'm just sorry I had to
bother you fine folks with the question.

BTW, the module I'm working on (mod_httpbl) is nearly ready for a beta
release.

We've received a lot of press this week including a lot of praise for
"http:BL", a block-list for known IPs of harvesters, comment-spammers, and
other undesirable web-crawlers.
Read about the system here:
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/5days_wednesday.php
My module queries the http:BL to see if a visitor's IP is on the list or is
clean and allows the web server administrator to serve the request with one
of a number responses.
We are currently setting up a SourceForge page and are looking for willing
sysadmins to beta test the module and there will be a
httpd.apache.orgmodule announcement soon.

I apologize if this message was a little "spammy", but I'm excited about the
fact that it's almost ready for the public.

Thanks again, Graham.

Regards,
Dave
--