httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Apache with GDB
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:07:48 GMT
Nick,
Thanks for the response.

I think it was a gdb versioning issue.  The server was running a version (I
assume newer than my development box).

I put some pressure on the powers that be and I got gdb installed on the
high-traffic box (although I didn't attach gdb to the httpd process... just
used it to read the core dumps).  Using the same version of gdb to read the
trace seemed to fix whatever file format difference existed.

I found the source of the SegFaults and am on my way to fixing them.

Thanks again,
Dave

--
David Wortham