httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT: mod_xmlns
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:32:10 GMT
Sam,
   If you are unfamiliar with XML Namespaces in general, Wikipedia has a
concise article:

As far as teh module, it looks almost like a pre-processing parser that has
the ability to add namespace pre-tags (i.e. convert <body> to
<xhtml:body>).  It seems to work with DTDs/Schemas too, so maybe it can
pre-parse your XML file and check to make sure it conforms to the
DTD/Schema.

I haven't used the module before and I'm not even sure that that's the
purpose or even within the true capabilities of the module, but it may be a
platform for you to start your XML research.

BTW, I have used XML extensively in certain shallow areas, namely XSL(T),
although I am far from knowledgeable on the subject.

Dave

--
David Wortham
Senior Web Applications Developer