httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Logs Directory
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 01:38:27 GMT
Sorry for such a simple question, but I have not been able to find the
answer yet.

Is there a function in APR to retrieve the default Apache logs directory?

When my module starts up, it needs to create cache files if they don't
already exist (which happens before directives are traversed).  I have a
directive to accept a custom logs directory (which seems to work fine), but
I would like my module to be able to work (as in: not attempt to write to a
directory which doesn't exist) without any necessary directives.  Any
ideas?  Anyone know of an existing module which may have the code I want?

I'm already in the process of doing lstat-related testing to ensure I'm not
trying to write to a directory which doesn't exist.

My module is coded in C running under Apache 2.0.54 on Linux and I am hoping
to keep it platform-independent.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
--