httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Looking for a parsing module
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:25:40 GMT
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:21:20 -0700
"Soumya Sanyal" <soumya.sanyal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Nick,
>  Thanks a lot for following up. It looks like mod_publisher is
> something close to what I want except from my initial take, this
> appears to be an 'output' filter ? Is this accurate ?

Yes,

>	 I require an
> input filter and some more customizations.

I don't have an input filter for this kind of parsing.  It's actually
simpler than an output filter, because it can just pull more data
whenever the parser needs it.  Take a look at mod_xmlns and/or
Joachim's modules for integrating an XML parser in a filter, and
maybe look at existing input filters such as mod_upload.

If your purpose is to parse POSTed (or PUT) XML, then you don't
necessarily want an input filter: you might also parse it in the
handler.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/