httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: server side includes
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:13:50 GMT
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:26:09 +0300
Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> wrote:

> Good point.  Actually, with Perl, I've found that it's simpler and
> usually more convenient to dispatch buckets to HTML::Parser, which is
> better at catching that sort of thing, and can also work in a stream,
> chunk by chunk.

That's exactly the right approach to filtering markup.

> The downside is that it locks you in to Perl, which I intentionally

Actually what you describe works the same in C.  See for example
mod_proxy_html or mod_xmlns.

Looks like you're doing it right.  But that wasn't clear in your
earlier post, which hinted at a naive and unreliable filter.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/