httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: concern about memory management
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:42:57 GMT
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:49:43 +0530
"Dumindu Pallewela" <pallewela@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/07, Joachim Zobel <jzobel@heute-morgen.de> wrote:
> >

> > Downside:
> > If the module permanently allocs and frees again, it may become a
> > memory hog with pools.
>

> but u can  create subpools... so that  when you free the subpool, all
> the memory allocated from it will be free'd, isn't it?

Yep, but that's probably not going to be easy to make use of in a
third-party library's usermem functions.

Since I don't know the library you're using, I can't really offer
useful advice.  I could suggest the pools overview at
http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/pools
but I suspect you've figured most of it out already.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/