httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Souramita Sen" <souramita_...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: Is SSL by default enabled in Apache?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 05:18:49 GMT

Thanks Sander for your suggestion.

Regards,
Souramita.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sander Temme [mailto:sctemme@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 11:36 AM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is SSL by default enabled in Apache?

Souramita,

This is not really a topic for discussion on the modules development
list: it has a better place on users@httpd.apache.org.

On Mar 29, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Souramita Sen wrote:

> When I run apache server in windows/Linux, does it support secure
> connection
> by default ( i.e can I do https://ip_address <https://ip_address/> )

No, it is not.  You need to enable it with --enable-ssl when you
configure your build.  For Windows, you can now download an installer
for an SSL-enabled Apache by clicking 'Other files' on <http://
httpd.apache.org/download.cgi>.

> Manually some thing has to be done?

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ , but it should be noted
that the server comes with a full SSL configuration in conf/extra/
httpd-ssl.conf

> Please let me know, what I need to do if I have do manual
> configuration.

Please refer to the users@httpd.apache.org list for more help.

Regards,

Sander

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening
attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree)
will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please
notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note
that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper,
untimely or incomplete transmission.