httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is SSL by default enabled in Apache?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:05:39 GMT
Souramita,

This is not really a topic for discussion on the modules development
list: it has a better place on users@httpd.apache.org.

On Mar 29, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Souramita Sen wrote:

> When I run apache server in windows/Linux, does it support secure
> connection
> by default ( i.e can I do https://ip_address <https://ip_address/> )

No, it is not.  You need to enable it with --enable-ssl when you
configure your build.  For Windows, you can now download an installer
for an SSL-enabled Apache by clicking 'Other files' on <http://
httpd.apache.org/download.cgi>.

> Manually some thing has to be done?

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ , but it should be noted
that the server comes with a full SSL configuration in conf/extra/
httpd-ssl.conf

> Please let me know, what I need to do if I have do manual
> configuration.

Please refer to the users@httpd.apache.org list for more help.

Regards,

Sander