httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitale, Chris \(ISS Atlanta\)" <cvit...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Protocol input filter question
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:40:35 GMT

I've been experimenting with Apache 2.0.59 input protocol filters on
Linux.

I understand that the post_read_request hook is too late to add an input
protocol filter. All the protocol filters have already run.

Which hook would be best for calling ap_add_input_filter? I want to
manipulate the contents of these buckets just as freely as buckets in a
content filter. When I'm done they'll still be valid HTTP. I can't add
it in something like pre_connection or process_connection because I
don't have a request_rec just yet.

Would I be better off just calling hook_process_connection like
mod_echo, but passing buckets to my next filter rather than back to the
client?

Thanks,

vitale