httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache module or CGI
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:04:34 GMT
On 3/26/07, Ralf Mattes <rm@seid-online.de> wrote:

> And there _are_ response status that indicate a lengthy content
> generation ...

Can you expand on this a bit more, what are the response status?  I
have no problem looking them up to learn about them, I just need to
know what to look up;)

> Since the OP seems to feel comfortable in  C/C++ I'd write a custom
> handler module that generates the scaled image on the fly and saves it
> into a cache.

Ralf,

You are correct, I am very much at home in C/C++.  Other then C#,
other languages are much less comfortable for me;)  It looks like
there is a lot of infrastructure code that is needed when implementing
an apache handler module and a whole new "framework" to learn.  Is the
work worth it compared to CGI (maybe FastCGI) for what I am doing?
That is the million dollar question I am seeking;)

Sam