httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache module or CGI
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:19:07 GMT
On 3/26/07, Joe Lewis <joe@joe-lewis.com> wrote:

> If performance is an issue, consider mod_perl along with it.  It keeps
> the CGI in memory to eek out a bit more performance.  Otherwise, you can
> use C to create a binary and link it statically with the ImageMagick
> libraries.  (IM seems to be most efficient).  Google is your friend here!

Joseph,

I am considering using ImageMagick, but perl is out of the question.
The software I am working on is going to be packaged software and it
is enough to have to package up apache and php, I am not going to add
perl to the mix, too;)

The options are: C++ CGI, C# CGI, C/C++ apache module

I tried to get ImageMagick to work, but I am on Windows and it was a
pain in the backend, so I am looking to statically link, as you
suggested, for which ever wrapper I go with.

Sam