httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache module or CGI
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:15:19 GMT
Interesting concept that I had not considered.  My 10+ years of
software development have been in GUI development, not web, so more
complex things such as you suggest will require a bit more explaining
to me;)  First, though, I am using a reverse proxy server so that the
downsizing only happens once, which works well with the PHP code.

Ok, this is what I am doing now:

1: the html page with all the image links is returned the the browser
2: the browser requests all the images
3: the server processes the request and returns the image

It sound to me like you are suggesting that rather then #3, the server
add the request to the queue and return a ???? (I don't know).  Once
the server is done down sizing the image it some how tells the web
browser it is done.  Correct?

Sam

--
The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the