httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'POST SubRequest via mod_proxy' Question
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:33:44 GMT
Sorry for the last mailing list post - my email client sent the message
prematurely.

I have two questions:
(1) Has been able to get 'ap_run_sub_req(...)' to execute a sub_request
without dumping the results straight to the (super|parent)request's output?
I am using the following code to create the subrequest:
/* begin code excerpt */
subr    = (request_rec*)ap_sub_req_method_uri("POST", "*", r, NULL);
/* end code excerpt  */

I have read that passing an 'ap_filter_t*' as the last parameter would
probably do what I want, but I don't understand how I would get a reference
to a filter pointer from inside a request handler function (I could
understand it from within a filter function).

(2) I am using the above subrequest to bounce a POST request off mod_proxy
(to get the POST to an external server).  I have the headers built
correctly.  Is there any way to add POST variables to the subrequest before
it gets to mod_proxy?  Perhaps by use of an input or output filter?

I have already searched Google Codesearch extensively for use of subrequests
like this (on modules built for 2.0.x and 2.2.x) to no avail.  I know at
least one other person was trying to do the same thing two weeks ago but no
one ever responded to him.

Does anyone have any suggestions or places to look?

Thanks in advance,
David Wortham