httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on modules to provide cache functions for Apache
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:02:09 GMT
Erica,
   My observations of your headers:
(1) The "Last-Modified" line contains the current timestamp (as expected)
(2) Your original question showed that you inserted an "Expires:" header,
but it doesn't show in your response.  Did you change your PHP script code
since you asked the original question this morning?
(3) Are you returning XML or HTML?  My experience with XMLHttpResponse(s)
required changing the content-type to "text/xml" (not really the issue at
hand)

When you said that you got mod_cache to cache a JavaScript file, was it in
the same directory (and covered by the same mod_cache directives)?

Did you try using the
CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
directive?  Did it force the file to cache?

Regards,
Dave

"