httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on modules to provide cache functions for Apache
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:12:57 GMT
Erica,
   I'm not sure why mod_cache should not be able to work (assuming your
module and pages are configured correctly).

   IIRC, JavaScript is used on the presentation request (with the webpage),
whereas the XMLHttpRequest response is a PHP-generated XML document.
Perhaps your extension ('.php" maybe?) or the mime/content-type ("text/xml")
is what is causing mod_cache to skip the file?

   Also, from what I can gather, using mod_cache with mod_proxy (as a
caching proxy) can alter the effects of mod_cache slightly.  You may want to
read up on that.

Try using the following directive with mod_cache:
CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On

see:
http://webauth.stanford.edu/manual/mod/mod_cache.html#CacheIgnoreNoLastMod

This apparently forces blind-caching which Joe suggests is bad (I don't know
anything about it).  Short of that, you just need to read the mod_cache
manual and make sure your XML response contains the necessary headers to get
mod_cache to work correctly.

Regards,
Dave