httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on modules to provide cache functions for Apache
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:25:10 GMT
Erica,
   IMO, your caching should take place on the PHP side of things, not Apache
or any Apache modules (save for maybe mod_php).

   Depending on how frequently the cache should refresh, I would either have
(1) PHP write the newest response to a file and check the timestamp of the
file to check if  the cachefile should be updated,
(2) Don't use PHP called from a webserver, but rather use PHP called from a
cron job, or
(3) find out how to use PHP to cache itself (I'm pretty sure Apache won't
cache PHP, ASP, etc.)

For help on any three of these things, I would recommend asking at a
PHP-specific forum/mailing list or on www.php.net (the comments on that site
are sometimes extremely helpful).

Regards,
David Wortham