httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: how to get started?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 02:22:47 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> 3. You can always build from a project as well.  Simple examples can be
>    found in the httpd sources, such as mod_example.dsp.  Building out-of
>    the httpd tree, you'll have to point your project at the includes for
>    httpd and apr (cpp /I flags) and libhttpd.lib (to bind to libhttpd.dll),
>    plus for apache 2.0 - to libapr.lib and libaprutil.dll, or for apache 2.2
>    point to libapr-1.lib and libaprutil-1.lib.
>
>    (In Apache 2.2 we adopted the newest APR libraries.  The old ones are
>    numbered 0.9.x but there's no -0 suffix to their .lib names.  They are
>    NOT compatible.)

I should have offered an out-of-tree example, see the instructions in;

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/STATUS

and the mod_ftp.dsp project file that follows those instructions at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/trunk/modules/ftp/mod_ftp.dsp

A much more complicated example is found in

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-aspdotnet

If you grab that source tarball, this module (VC 6 only!!!) actually builds
against the .NET CLR using COM+, so it draws in far more complicated pieces
to build a C++ embedded Apache module.  (It also builds .NET assemblies
written in VC++ 6.0 .NET that then speak to the Apache module - as I said,
very complex :-)